Tuesday 31 January 2012

Life: Is there a bigger bitch?

You should never take life seriously because you'll never get out alive. Easier said than done don't you think? Now if you are someone that knows me, I am sure that if I asked you to sum me up in one word, that word would be 'joker'. Which for the most part would certainly be true, I love the sound of laughter whether it's mine or someone else's. I don't think there is a better sound, its infectious. You can't help but join in. Tell me? Can you say that if you see a baby laugh, you don't crack a smile.

But  Recently I have been feeling down, Now I am not gonna bore with the details. To be honest in the grand scale of things its very trivial. But it gets you thinking doesn't it? Whats it all about? We slog day in and day out, and for what? A wage that barely gets us by and to pay taxes to government that just squanders our money. How did we come to this routine? You look back and you always think (no matter how old you are!) the olden days were better.

What has happened to community spirit? Chivalry? I really believe in these things, Treat others how you would like to be treated. But I am starting to get depressed with the way of things. I asked an eldery women if she needed help the other day, she said no and I could see in her eyes the suspicion and fear. It makes me sick! Instead of helping our fellow man, we are prewired to be cautious of everyone and everything.

So I have decided to throw out a challenge to you all. I want you to help someone who is need, even if it is just holding a door open. If we all do something nice for each other maybe we can make the world a better place instead of relying on someone else to do it for us. Lets make our short trip on this Earth a worthwhile one.

No comments:

Post a Comment