Wednesday 25 January 2012

Ok here goes!

Hi everyone,So I have decided to write a blog, why I here you ask? Well I guess I feel like I have a lot of stuff I need to get out. Some of it will make you laugh, so might make you cry, who knows?
If even just one person reads one of my blogs and it helps them in some way, it makes it all worthwhile.
I don't really know what I am going to talk about, perhaps everyday things. I might even go all the way and have a rant about politics (because lets be honest, everyone loves a good rant!)

So let us begin. I really do have something to get off my chest, to some it won't make sense but to others I am sure will know exactly what I mean. Last night I found something out, something I didn't really want to know. Its kind of ironic because if I was perhaps a bit more ignorant I would of never noticed that something was out of place....

First of all its no great drama and I only felt that horrible feeling you get in the pit of your stomach for a split second and then it was gone. But it did get me thinking about bad news and how we react to it, because the list of ways is endless. Some people like to bottle it up, others ignore it and go about there day as if there is no problem, some prefer the tried and tested blowing a fuse, but lets be honest that never gets you anywhere!

Myself I am a talker. I can't keep things inside, if I do they eat away at me. ( I don't know what the medical term is, but I am sure they have coined it somewhere!) I am also (as some of you are well aware) very impatient, for me sometimes a minute really does last a lifetime. Its one of my insecurities, I think it stems from the way I react around people. Even when I know otherwise, I always have a massive fear that people will just lose interest in me over time so I have to get it all out before that moment! (Sorry if you are one of the people that have been affected by this problem, and I know there are quite a few!) But I digress, back to the point....

Bad news also comes in many forms, sometimes it a little thing you can shrug your shoulders to.
Others aren't so little.  Some people think breaking bad news is straightforward you tell someone the facts of a situation. But anyone who has a higher intelligence then a goat knows that bad news can be an emotional bomb just waiting to blow. Even medical science says that bad news if strong enough can cause a physical reaction.

So the first thing I did was talk about it to a friend I work with, he didn't say much, he didn't need too. Its not the advice I am looking for, its that I had someone that I could trust and that would listen to me. Then it hit me CRASH BANG WALLOP. I never realised how lucky I am in life. I have a great group of friends that I know I can always count on and trust with my life.  I also have a family that support me in everything I do ( even when it quite possibly the stupid things I have done. which 9 times out of 10 is!) So to you people and you know who are! Thank you.

So this is my little lesson for you people, if your feeling down or upset and you usually keep it to yourself trying talking to someone. And if you are with someone that is upset or angry, why don't you try listening to them, be a shoulder.  What have you got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment