Tuesday 7 February 2012

Old People: You Gotta Love 'em!

So today my gran decided to take it upon herself to buy a new mobile phone. Why do they do it?
Let me take you to the beginning of the story, My gran bought her first mobile phone years ago, She didn't know how to use it. Fair enough I was more than happy to show her. Two weeks later I was happy to show her again. For the next few years I kept being pestered to teach her the same things over and over again!

Just as she got used to it, and the cries of "How do I unlock my phone?" stopped, she bought a new phone (because it was pink I might add!). Instead of buying a silver phone similar to the one she was used to she bought a pink one that was totally different. I knew what was coming, "can you teach me how to use it?". Fine no problem, so repeat the whole frigging process except change unlock to "What does silent mean?"

It has been 3 weeks since her last phone drama, I thought I was scott free. I could see light at the end of the tunnel, only for God to say "ummm don't be silly!". So here we are I walk through the door see the empty phone box and instantly wish  I was a small bug and that someone will step on me!  First she couldn't find the R button, (just so we are clear its number 7) I show her and then run. But I will tel you for someone that is waiting for a new knee she moves really quick! I was chased down the hall and realised there was no escaping it. I was going to have to be smart. this is how the conversation went:

"are you busy?"
" uh I was gonna go for a run"
" Well I want you to sit down with me and show me how to use this phone"
I looked at the phone realised I've found my way out  "I don't know how to use this phone, I have never seen or used this make before"

Thinking I had won, I wanted to help but just couldn't I didn't know how to work it. Devious I know but this is phone 5 and I am losing the will to live!

"Thats ok you look at it, figure it out then teach me"
 Is she kidding me?!
"let me get this straight, you want me to learn how to use the phone and then teach you? You already know more about the phone than me, carry on learning yourself then you don't need me"
" No thats ok, your the smart one. No one has got the brains like you"

Son of a bitch! She has beat me at my own game, even used a bit of flattery to hook me. So instead of a relaxing evening, I will be banging my head against a wall, telling her over and over that to get to R you have to push 7 three times! Have a great night everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment